Everyone develops bad habits at some point and they can all be broken!
When our bad habits affect our oral health, the results can be extremely painful on both our bodies and our wallets. Below are some habits which can harm your mouth and should be avoided as much as possible if you want to keep your smile in tip-top shape!
Please let us know how we can help provide solutions to break these bad habits!
- Not brushing
- Skipping flossing
- Not rinsing after eating
- Lack of tongue cleaning
- Eating too many sweets
- Consuming too many sugary drinks such as sodas or sports drinks
- Crunching ice
- Smoking and tobacco
- Playing sports with no mouth guard
- Babies: falling asleep to a bottle
- Using teeth as tools to open packages, etc.
- Constant snacking on starchy foods
- Chewing on pens/pencils
- Nail biting
- Brushing teeth too hard
- Not visiting a dentist